With our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) features, you have the ability to collect candidate demographics using self-identification questions.
Most US employers are required to collect EEO data under EEO laws. Although we provide features that help you configure EEO compliance in your account, the final responsibility lies with you.
While you are not required to collect EEO data, you can use these features to assess diversity and inclusion efforts in your recruiting process.
Note : Remember that we strongly recommend that you consult a lawyer before using these features. You need to make sure that you are in full compliance with the laws and regulations that apply to your business.
Enable EEO compliance
First, enable EEO compliance at the enterprise level. You can then activate it for each job posting for which you want to collect EEO data.
Note : You must have high level data access permission enabled to change EEO settings.
At company level
1. Go to Settings> Corporate Settings> EEO and activate the switch next to Enable EEO section .
2. Select whether you are a federal contractor or subcontractor or not. This will determine the series of EEO self-identification questions that will be sent to your candidates.
EEO self-identification questions for federal contractors or subcontractors include questions on gender, race or ethnicity, veteran status, and disability status.
EEO self-identification questions for non-federal contractors or subcontractors include questions on gender, race or ethnicity, and veteran status.
Note : You can update this status through Settings> Company Settings> EEO in the Company Status section .
3. EEO compliance is now enabled for your business account.
Once you've enabled EEO compliance for your job postings, candidates can answer EEO self-identification questions in the following ways:
Origin of the candidate
Self-identification questions received via
Apply via the career site 2.0
Apply via Career Site 1.0, Apply via Apply on Indeed or Indeed EasyApply, Apply via Apply on LinkedIn, or apply via a custom integration built using our public API.
EEO data collection email - sent automatically within 24 hours of application
Sourced, co-opted, added by email or added manually
EEO data collection email - must be sent manually
The self-identification questions in the career 2.0 application form are as follows:
Applicants who receive an EEO data collection email will see the following:
Candidates occupying jobs for which EEO compliance is enabled will be granted an EEO status for those vacancies, based on receipt or their responses to EEO questions. Learn about candidate EEO statuses and how to manually submit self-identification questions.
EEO Data Collection Email
The EEO data collection email is sent to candidates who applied through Career Site 1.0, Indeed, LinkedIn, or a custom integration built using our public API . It can also be sent manually to candidates who have been found, co-opted or added manually. Click Edit to customize the email template.
EEO report data retention period
Define the EEO data retention period of your candidates in the EEO report. This will allow you to ensure that the report is complete, after a candidate has been deleted from your database. If you set a retention period of 0, deleting the candidate will also delete their EEO data, for example if you need to comply with GDPR.
Click Export to CSV to download the EEO report in CSV format. Learn more about EEO reporting .
By job offer
Enable EEO compliance for individual job postings to start collecting candidate demographics with self-identification questions.
1. Go to the Jobs section and click Edit , next to the job posting for which you want to enable EEO compliance.
2. On the left, click Application Form .
3. Go down and activate the switch next to the EEO Compliance section.
4. Select an EEO category and click Save at the top right.
Manage EEO compliance
Enable or disable EEO compliance for multiple job postings at once.
1. In the vacancies section , be sure to use the table layout.
2. Select the vacancies for which you want to enable EEO compliance by checking the corresponding box.
3. Click More on the menu bar and select Manage EEO Compliance .
4. Select whether you want to enable or disable EEO compliance for the selected vacancies.
Select an EEO category and click Activate for vacancies .
Click on Activate for X vacancies to validate the activation of EEO compliance for this selection.
Click on Deactivate for X vacancies to validate the deactivation of EEO compliance for this selection.