Do you want to ask specific questions when candidates apply and be able to filter on their answers? Follow the instructions below to create an application form customized to each job.
1. Go to a job where you’d like to create an application form and click Edit.
2. Go to Application form.
There are several sections you can edit in the Job's application form.
Screening questions help you filter candidates faster.
1. In the Screening questions section, select a template in the top-right or click Add new to create screening questions custom for this job.
2. Select an answer type.
📌 Other options include Number, Salary, Video Answer, Add a file, Info box, and Legal.
3. Type the question.
4. In the top-right, choose if you want to make the question optional or required for applicants to answer.
5. Click the toggle to make a screening question a knockout question. Knockout questions help you automatically eliminate candidates who don’t fit your job’s requirements.
Pick a disqualifying answer and a disqualify reason. Candidates that respond to the screening question with this answer will automatically be disqualified.
You can choose these screening question types as knockout questions:
Yes/No, Single choice, Multiple choice
⚠️ If the disqualify reason you have picked has an automated action assigned, it will trigger immediately after the candidate applied.
6. Click Visible to everyone to set the visibility of the screening question.
Visible to everyone: All team members with the appropriate roles can see the screening question and its answer.
Visible to selected: Only selected team members and/or hiring roles can view this screening question.
Repeat the steps above in order to add as many screening questions as you want.
You can edit the screening question(s) by clicking the pencil icon on the top right corner of each question.
Learn more about editing and creating screening questions templates.
Choose which data applicants need to provide and if they are required, optional, or if the element doesn't need to be shown to applicants - hidden.
Click Save on the right side to save your settings once you are done adjusting your application form.
Are you using Multi-language and you want to add screening questions in multiple languages?
In case you have posted a job on your Careers site in multiple languages, you'll need to add translated screening questions for each of the languages that the job is displayed in.
1. Choose to Edit the job and go the Application Form tab
2. In the languages panel on the right select which language you want to translate the screening questions into.
3. Click on the pencil icon to type in the translation of each screening question and save the translated question.
4. When the answer type icon is green it means there is a translation for the question in the selected language. If it is still orange, it means there is no translation for the question yet. If a screening question isn't translated, the question will be displayed in the primary language of the job.
Note: You must use the job's primary language in order to add new screening questions, edit the existing questions, or mark if they are required or optional.
If you want candidates to be able to apply with their LinkedIn profile via the Apply with LinkedIn button, you will need to enable this integration. More info about this: Enable the "Apply with LinkedIn" button on your Careers site.
Toggle between Visible/Hidden for Apply with Indeed to decide if you want candidates to be able to apply with their Indeed profile on your Careers Site. For more info on this: How to configure the Apply with Indeed button.
Toggle between Visible/Hidden for Social media share to decide if you want to show the buttons for social media sharing on the Job's page.
Toggle between Visible/Hidden for Job location to decide if you want to show the Job's location on the Job's page.
Note: Once you have an application form, you can always link back to it with the URL "your Job's URL/c/new".
For example, if your Job's URL is:
Then your application form's URL for that Job will be: