Do you use Dropbox Sign to send contracts to new hires? With this integration, you will be able to do so from within Recruitee with a simple click.
Important: In order to use this integration, your Dropbox Sign account must have access to their API. Please contact Dropbox Sign to check if your account is eligible.
Please follow the instructions under these sections first if this isn’t set up in your account yet:
Sending a signature request
1. Go to a candidate's profile, click More and select Send Dropbox Sign.
2. Choose a template.
3. Prepare the document to be signed. The signer fields defined while creating the template will be auto-filled with the information of the recruiter currently logged-in and the information of the candidate profile that was selected previously.
If you added a CC role, fill in the email address. If you used special values for additional fields in your template, these will be auto-filled. Fill in any additional fields you may have added manually.
4. Click Send. A badge will appear in the candidate profile that a signature request is in progress and who it was sent by.
A summary of the signature request will also appear at the bottom of the candidate profile under Dropbox Sign showing that the signature request is in progress for the signers and listing the cc role.
As soon as one of the signers signs the document, the status of their signature will be Signed.
Once all signers have signed the document, the badge in the candidate profile will change into a checkmark and say that the signature request is complete.
The summary under Dropbox Sign in the bottom of the candidate profile will also reflect this.
If you want to view the signature request in Dropbox Sign, click Open in Dropbox Sign next to it.
Creating templates in Dropbox Sign
In order to request signatures, templates need to be created in Dropbox Sign. You can read more about templates in their help center.
1. In Dropbox Sign, go to Home and click Create a template.
2. If you are creating a new template, upload a document you would like signed and set what roles need to sign it.
You can use the following placeholders to pre-fill names and emails in Recruitee.
To assign a signer order, tick the checkbox and arrange the roles with the arrows on the left to your desired order. In the case above, the [recruiter] will receive and have to sign the document before the [candidate] receives the signature request.
Note: If the signer order is not assigned, all roles will receive the signature request at the same time.
3. Click Prepare doc for signing and the document will open.
4. Position signature fields by dragging and dropping them to the appropriate place in your document.
5. Assign the fields to the previously defined roles. This will determine who will fill in or sign which field.
6. Fields aside from signatures can also be assigned to the Sender. This field will be displayed in Recruitee before sending the signature request. You can identify these fields under Merge Field.
Note: The fields defined under Merge Field can have the following special values that will be auto-filled in Recruitee.
7. Once you’ve set up all fields, click Continue in the top-right.
8. Name your template, add a default message, and click Create Template.
Setting up the integration
1. Go to Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations and click Integrate now for Dropbox Sign.
2. Read the information and confirm by clicking Accept and integrate.
3. Recruitee and DropboxSign are now integrated.
Under Manage you can connect your account, see who in your Recruitee account has already connected their account, select who is able to view and send signature requests, and remove the integration and individual connections.
Connecting your account
In order to send signature requests to your new hires, your personal Dropbox Sign account needs to be connected.
As an account administrator
1. If you are an administrator in the account, you can do so under Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations, if you click Manage next to Dropbox Sign.
2. Click Connect your account.
3. You will be redirected to Dropbox Sign. Log in and click Accept to allow access.
4. Your personal Dropbox Sign account is now connected to your Recruitee account.
As a hiring role with the ability to send signature requests
If your hiring role is able to send signature requests as explained above under Setting up the integration, you will be able to connect your Dropbox Sign account directly in the candidate profile when sending a signature request.
1. Open the candidate profile and select Send Dropbox Sign at the bottom of the page.
2. You will be redirected to Dropbox Sign. Log in and click Accept to allow access.
3. Your personal account will now be connected to Dropbox Sign and you can send signature requests to candidates you have access to.
Account administrators will be able to see who in the account has connected their individual Dropbox Sign accounts under Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations, when clicking Manage next to Dropbox Sign.
What data do Recruitee and Dropbox Sign exchange?
Recruitee shares the names and email addresses of all parties involved in the signature request with Dropbox Sign
Dropbox Sign shares the status of each signature request (viewed, signed or declined) per signer with Recruitee
⚠️ Additional data can be supported through field mapping. See Integration field mapping help article on how to configure fields in Recruitee.
Note: Recruitee does not save any personal data from Dropbox Sign.