With the event scheduler, you can streamline scheduling and have your candidates choose a time slot that suits them best based on your team members’ connected calendars.
You can share event scheduler links with candidates via email. When candidates click on your link, they will be directed to a landing page where they can pick a time that best suits them.
In this article:
Connect your calendar
To create an event scheduler link, it is vital to connect your calendar to your Recruitee account, so the event scheduler knows your availability.
⚠️ The Event scheduler only picks up your availability if your calendar is connected as a personal calendar.
Create an event scheduler link
Follow these steps to set up an event scheduler link:
1. Go to Settings > Workflow > Event scheduler.
2. Click + New event scheduler link.
3. Give your event scheduler link a name, define its Date range, and set how many days it expires after.
The event scheduler’s date range determines the timeframe from which a candidate can pick a time slot after you have sent them the link.
4. Under Interviewers, set your availability and click Add interviewer to add interviewers to the event scheduler link and adjust their availability.
⚠️ Other team members should also have their calendars connected for the event scheduler to detect any scheduling conflicts.
5. Select if you want to invite all interviewers or only the first available.
If you pick Only the first available, only one of the interviewers added to the event scheduler link must be available for the interview, so the candidate has more time slot options. If you pick Invite all, all selected interviewers must be available simultaneously for the candidate to be able to schedule the interview.
6. Under Availability settings, optionally enable Ignore all-day events to allow candidates to schedule interviews during your all-day events.
7. Set a Buffer time to avoid back-to-back interviews.
8. Pick an Event duration and the frequency of time slots under Start time slots every. A higher frequency will give candidates more time slots to choose from.
9. Pick an Event type, location, and the time zone in which the event will occur. When a candidate schedules an event with you, it is added to your calendar in this time zone.
10. If you have meeting rooms connected to your account, you can select one or more meeting rooms to automatically book once the candidate schedules the event. The availability of meeting rooms will then also be factored into the available time slots for the candidate.
11. You can add a note visible to candidates or a private note visible to team members in the event invitation.
12. You can also request that team members complete an evaluation form after the interview.
13. Click Create link.