- Recruitee detects duplication based on the email address in each candidate profile.
- If there are two specific profiles you want to merge, make sure both of them have the same email address. Read more: Edit candidate profiles.
- If an existing candidate applies again with the same email address, Recruitee will still process their application and show the merging option. You can choose to merge the newer version of the candidate's CV and data.
- If you source candidates with the Recruitee Sourcing extension, the extension will let you know if the sourced profile has the same email address as any candidates in your company account.
Merge duplicate candidates
1. Go to a candidate's profile.
2. If there are [#] duplicates, the notification "We found [#] similar profiles" will appear at the bottom of your window.
3. Select a profile from the duplicates to be the main profile for the rest to merge into.
- If there are different names in the duplicates, only the candidate's name of the main profile will be kept in the new (merged) profile.
- If there are different CVs in the duplicates, only the CV of the main profile will be kept in the Overview tab of the new (merged) profile. The CVs from the other duplicates will be in the Files tab of the new (merged) profile.
- If there are different jobs/talent pools in the duplicates, the jobs/talent pools of the main profile will be displayed first in the Candidates list view.
4. Click "Merge [#] profiles" in the lower right corner to merge all the duplicates into the main profile.
Try this now in your Recruitee account!