Sync your own mailbox to Recruitee and have all communication with candidates in one place.
In this article:
How it works
The mailbox syncing is two-way. In other words, all emails with candidates in your Recruitee mailbox will show up in your own mailbox and all your emails with candidates in your own mailbox will show up in your Recruitee mailbox.
The system scans your emails’ headers (To, From, and Subject) to identify emails with candidates and sync them to Recruitee. All email communication with candidates is thus temporarily stored in Recruitee and will be removed once the candidate is deleted.
⚠️ Things to consider
Don’t add your own email address to a candidate profile
Because the sync is two-way, using your own email address in a candidate profile may cause emails between you and other Recruitee users to appear in the mailbox.
Be careful when forwarding candidate emails from Recruitee to colleagues
When you forward an email, the amount of synced emails accessible via Recruitee expands. A forwarded email will be turned into a new thread and is still accessible via the candidate profile even if the candidate is not included. You should therefore be extra careful in selecting the right thread when replying back to a candidate.
Archive your jobs as soon as you hire
When a Job is archived, the synchronization between your own mailbox and candidates in that Job will stop. So if a candidate has been hired, it's best to archive the job they're in to prevent further email communication between them and your synced email from appearing in your Recruitee mailbox.
It’s not possible to sync general job inboxes to several Recruitee user accounts
Don't reroute emails into different folders in your mailbox
Syncing your mailbox
We support connecting three different types of mailboxes:
2. Under Email provider, click Connect next to Google (Gmail).
3. Click Connect.
4. You will be redirected to Google's connect page with further instructions from Google. Please follow them.
5. Once the sync is active, it will synchronize emails from candidates from the last 14 days. Older email conversations cannot be synchronized.
2. Under the Email provider, click Connect next to Microsoft (Outlook/Exchange).
3. Click Connect. You will be redirected to sign in to Microsoft (Outlook/Exchange).
4. Allow Recruitee to access your Microsoft info by clicking Yes.
You will be redirected back to Recruitee. Once the sync is active, it will synchronize emails from candidates from the last 14 days. Older email conversations cannot be synchronized.
We support connecting to other mailboxes via IMAP/SMTP.
2. Under the Email provider, click Connect next to Other mailbox.
3. Fill in the email address of the mailbox you want to sync, along with your username, password, and SMTP and IMAP settings.
📌 If you aren't sure what to do with the settings, contact your email provider or our support. We will do our best to help you.
Disconnecting your synced mailbox
If you want to disconnect your own mailbox from Recruitee, connect the Recruitee email.
2. Click Connect next to Recruitee.
3. Fill in a preferred email address and click Use this email.
4. The Recruitee email is now active and your own mailbox is disconnected.