Some jobs require more detailed or specific information from candidates, such as a candidate's notice period, language skills, or salary requirements. With profile fields, you are now able to store this information easily in a candidate's profile.
You can create templates for profile fields and for each job you can pre-define which fields you want collected for candidates. These profile fields give you more flexibility to decide what data you want to collect from your candidate's CV, as well as to search for that data in your candidate database.
How to set up profile fields
Take a look at the video below to see it in action:
Recruitee offers a broad range of data formats, outlined below:
- Single-line text: short answer fields are best suited for cases where fixed options might be too many or where you would like a concise, free response.
- Multi-line text: these fields are designed to be answered in the form of a sentence or paragraph. Common uses include work samples or assessment questions.
- Single Choice: this field type will allow you to collect only one answer.
- Yes/No: ask candidates to provide a yes or no response.
- Address: collect candidate's address.
- Gender: collect candidate's gender.
- Date of Birth: collect candidate's date of birth.
- Nationality: collect candidate's nationality for potential VISA applications.
- Language skills: collect candidate's language skills.
- Skills: could be language skills mentioned on the resume, programming languages, or even hobbies.You can predefine which profile fields should be used, and these can be different for each job. If you edit the profile fields template, this template will then be used for all your new jobs. After you have created a job, you can edit the fields accordingly to the job's specific needs. If you want to use profile fields in existing jobs, you will need to select a template for each existing job.
1. Go to Settings > Templates > Profile fields.
2. Here you can create a new template or edit an existing template. You can have multiple templates for different jobs.
3. Fill in the name of the new field template and click Save. Then you can start adding fields with the + Add new button.
4. Fill in the field name and select an input type. Choose Save & add another to add more fields or click Save.
5. You can edit, remove or change the order of profile fields.
6. If you have created a template with your desired set of profile fields you can Set it as default by clicking on the star icon. It will then be selected for all new jobs and used for all candidates.
7. If you have multiple templates and want to use a different one than the default one within a new job, you can select a different template under Workflow. The selected template will then be used for candidates within this specific job.
8. If a job needs customized profile fields, it is possible to add, edit, or remove a profile field after you selected a template in a job. When you make a change it will then say Custom for this job.
9. Click Custom for this job and select Save as template to save a custom set of profiles fields as a template to use in other jobs.
Work with profile fields
If the candidate is assigned to a job, the profile fields from the job’s template will be visible in the candidate’s profile. They can be filled in or edited by you or your hiring team or they can be filled automatically with the data taken from the candidate's CV.
In case you already have a few candidates in a pipeline and you've decided to add profile fields afterwards, you can re-parse the CVs from the candidates in this pipeline. If the information is available, it will be extracted from the CV and filled in to the according fields.
Note: Only profile fields from job templates will be filled automatically. Profile fields added to the candidate profile manually will not be extracted from the CV.
Next to this, the work experience is parsed and visualized under the Experience tab.
You can edit profile fields via the pencil icon; just hover your mouse over the field and the pencil will appear.
Edit the profile field and Save it.
Under Activity you can see who changed which field and also check the difference between the previous and updated field.
In the Candidates overview, it is possible to filter and search on profile fields. Click Add filter and scroll down to the option Profile fields.
Choose the profile field(s) and select the filters to search through your candidate database.
Recruitee is great for tracking candidates and letting the collected data determine your hiring decisions. Try this now in your Recruitee account!