As a recruiter, you’re expected to respond to candidates fast, moving candidates through the pipeline as quickly as possible without losing that personal touch. Automated actions give you the ability to assign triggers to disqualify reasons. These triggers will then cause automatic actions within your account. For example, sending an email to a candidate once he/she is disqualified.
Important: If a team member's hiring role does not have access to a feature (e.g. emails), but this team member disqualifies a candidate with an automated action trigger, the action will NOT be triggered.
How to setup automated actions for disqualify reasons
Per disqualify reason you can create automated actions to:
- Send an email: when selecting send an email to a candidate as an action, you can choose whether this email will show as having been sent by the user that is moving the candidate in the pipeline or from one specific team member.
- Add a note: for other team members
- Add a task: add a task for a team member and set its due date in relative time (e.g. in 3 days) or on a specific date.
- Add tags: to candidates
- Add followers: to candidates
- Assign to: jobs or talent pools
Automated actions for disqualify reasons are company wide and can't be set up differently for each job or stage.
Note: Your role will need to have access to 'Manage automated actions' and 'Edit jobs' in order to add or edit an automated action.
The actions will automatically happen when a candidate is disqualified and a trigger is assigned to the reason. To assign a trigger to a disqualify reason follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Workflow > Disqualify Reasons
2. Click on the pencil icon on the disqualify reason where you would like to assign an automated action.
3. Next, click on the Action button and select the action you would like to add.
4. It is possible to add multiple actions to a disqualify reason. Click + Action if you want to add more or click Save if you have finished adding actions.
5. Automated actions for a disqualify reason are indicated with a lightning bolt icon (⚡).
Note: Automated actions cannot be set up to be triggered after a certain time has passed (like send email 1 day after disqualifying a candidate).
Working with automated actions
Disqualify a candidate
1. When you disqualify a candidate via their profile, you can see if there are automated actions for the reason you want to choose.
2. When you disqualify a candidate, an assistant box in the bottom right corner will appear in which the performed automated actions are shown.
3. When the automated actions are done, the process bar on the assistant box will become green.
4. If you don't want the automated actions to be done, you can click cancel.
Disqualify candidates in bulk
When you disqualify candidates in bulk, you can see if there are automated actions for the different reasons.
Next, the automated actions that will be performed are shown. You can choose to continue and perform the automated actions or choose to disqualify without actions.
An indicator of disqualifying the candidates is shown, but not of the automated actions. This assistant box is only shown when you disqualify one candidate, therefore it is not possible to cancel automated actions after confirming you want to continue.
What your team members will see
You and your team members can see the differences in notifications/tasks/evaluations request from other team members and which were triggered by an automated action; these will be indicated with a lightning bolt.
To start saving time, you can set up automated actions for your default pipeline or edit your actions on the job's level.