Recruitee comes with default email templates, but you can also create your own. Simply go to Settings > Workflow > Email templates and you can add and edit your own.
Your hiring role needs to have access to Manage templates to be able to create/edit email templates.
Types of email templates
When creating email templates you can pick between three different types:
- General email templates are for general purposes that will speed up your workflow. You can (bulk-)send general email templates to candidates or use them for automated actions.
- Auto-reply email templates are used for automatic confirmation emails within jobs when candidates apply. If you have multiple languages enabled in your account, you can create auto-reply email templates in multiple languages.
- Event invitation email templates are used when scheduling events with candidates.This template also has a specific field containing the event information.
Create custom email templates
1. Click + New Template.
2. Give your template a name for your reference and select a type.
3. Fill out:
- Email subject: The subject of the email sent to candidates. You can use placeholders like [job_offer] to automatically populate the right data in the sent email.
- Email text: The body of the email sent to candidates. You can use placeholders within the email text as well.
- Use the buttons in the editor to insert hyperlinks, images, or make use of html in your template.
- Optionally insert a questionnaire, scheduler link, or GDPR links or attach a file.
4. Set the visibility of the email template.
- Visible to everyone: All team members with the appropriate hiring roles can access and use the email templates. Note: The email template will be in the Team category.
- Visible to selected: Only selected team members and/or hiring roles can view this email template.
- Visible to only me: Only you can access and use the email template. Note: The email template will be in the Private category.
5. Click Save.
Edit email templates
Click the email template you want to edit. You can change the email template's name, subject, text, and visibility and also duplicate the template. Hit save when you are done editing.
Rearrange email templates
From the list view, drag and drop an email template to place it in the order you want.
Send an email template to one candidate
1. Go to a candidate's profile and select the Email tab.
2. Click New email or Reply to start composing a new email.
3. Click Insert and select Email templates to select one of your email templates from the drop-down menu.
The placeholders from the selected email template will populate data immediately. Check and edit the text.
4. Click Send.
Note: Please always choose an email template from the drop-down menu. If you copy-paste a template to the email body, the placeholders will not populate any data. The same goes for manually writing the placeholders in the email: the placeholders will not populate any data either. When you send these emails, candidates will see the placeholders as they are.
Bulk send an email template to multiple candidates
1. Go to the candidates section and select the candidates you want to bulk send an email to > Click Send email from the top menu.
2. Click Insert and Email templates to select a template from the drop-down menu.
All the placeholders from the selected email template will populate data immediately. Check and edit the text.
3. Click Send.
- Please always choose an email template from the drop-down menu. If you copy-paste a template to the email body, the placeholders will not populate any data. The same goes for manually writing the placeholders in the email: the placeholders will not populate any data. When you send these emails, candidates will see the placeholders as they are.
- If some of the selected candidates don't have an email address, the system will skip them by default and send the bulk email to the rest.