1. Go to a candidate profile. In the top right corner, click Schedule.
2. Choose a date, time, and decide how long the event should last. If applicable, select the correct timezone.
3. Click the + button to add team members to the event.
4. Click Find time to search for a suitable time. If there are multiple team members attending the event you can find the best time slot for everyone. If a date and time has already been agreed on, continue to step 9.
5. Choose the time range you want to check.
Toggle between Week and Day to check your available time within a week or a day respectively.
Click the ... icon and select Show weekends to show Saturday and Sunday.
6. Scheduled events in your team's Recruitee Calendar and synced calendars will appear as light-blue blocks in the left column of the day.
Pick a slot where everyone is available, do this by clicking in the column.
7. Click on the timeslot to edit the starting time and/or the duration of the event and choose Save.
8. Click Continue with... in the lower right corner to save your chosen time slot.
9. Choose the Type of event:
On-site interview: possible to add location
Meeting: possible to add a location
10. If applicable, enter the location of the scheduled event.
11. If applicable and you have meeting rooms connected in your account, select a meeting room.
📌 A green dot next to a meeting room indicates that the room is free at the chosen time while a red dot indicates that the room is occupied. A grey dot indicates that we are unable to identify the availability of the meeting room at that time.
12. Leave a note for the candidate in the event.
13. Click Add private note to leave an internal note for your team members.
14. If applicable, select the evaluation form that the interviewers need to fill out under Request evaluation.
15. Select the evaluation form and the team member(s) who need to fill it in, click Request now.
16. Repeat the two steps above to add as many evaluation forms as you want to the scheduled event.
17. Make the event private in synced calendars or hide the candidate’s full name in external calendars.
Making events private in synced calendars: The event will be private in the external calendar (Google Calendar, Outlook) you synced with your Recruitee account. If you want a team member to see the event’s details, you will need to invite them to the event.
📌You can only see an event if you have access to the candidate it is connected to.
Don’t show candidates' full names in synced calendars: Hide the candidate’s name in the title and the body of the invitation of external synced calendars to avoid any candidate’s name being processed by external systems under GDPR regulation. Additionally, the candidate’s name is not visible to others in the organization.
If you hide the candidate’s full name, it appears as a View in Recruitee link in the calendar invite’s body.
⚠️ An administrator can decide not to show candidates’ full names in synced calendars via the GDPR Company settings, making it impossible to allow a candidate’s name to appear in calendar invitations.
Both options prevent the candidate’s personal information from being processed by external providers and ensure their personal information’s safety.
18. Click Next step > Notify attendees to continue with step 2.
19. Under Summary, review the details of the event.
20. Under Email notification, select the box Notify candidate and/or Notify interviewer(s) if you want to send them an email notification.
21. If you selected Notify candidate, review and edit the email notification that will be sent to the candidate or click + Insert to select an email invitation template.
📌 The system will automatically pre-load the email template you last used.
22. If you selected Notify interviewer(s), click Customize email notification to interviewer(s) to review and edit the email notification that will be sent to the attending team members.
23. Click Notify & schedule to save your scheduled event and notify the selected people.
The event is now visible in the candidate’s profile and in the calendar.