Turn on two-factor authentication (2FA) to add an extra layer of security to your user account.
How 2FA works
On top of your user name and password, we will ask you for an authentication code every time you log in.
You can get your authentication code via text message or from an authentication app.
Note: We recommend activating both options so you have a backup. Recovering an account may take up to 72 hours if you do not have access to your second authentication factor.
Using text message
We will send you a one-time password via text message. Be sure that you can receive text messages before activating this method.
1. Go to Settings > Profile > Security and click Activate for Text message (SMS).
2. Select your area code and fill in the phone number you would like us to send one-time passwords to and click Continue.
3. Enter the code you received via text message and click Set up now.
2FA is now active. You will receive a one-time passcode via text message when logging into Recruitee.
Using an authentication app (TOTP)
Use a time-based one-time password application to automatically generate an authentication code that renews every 30 seconds.
1. Go to Settings > Profile > Security and click Activate for Authentication app (TOTP).
2. If you don’t have one already, install an authentication app on your mobile phone and click Continue.
3. Scan the QR code with your authentication app. If you can’t scan the QR code, you can manually enter the key displayed in your authentication app.
4. After scanning the QR code or entering the key, the authentication app displays a six-digit code. Enter the code, and click Set up now.
2FA is now active. Use your authentication app when logging into Recruitee.
Tracking 2FA on a company level
As an administrator of a company account you can see which users have 2FA enabled under Settings > Company > Team members in the 2FA column.
Did you lose access to your authentication method and can’t log into Recruitee? Click Recover access on the login page and follow the steps.
Note: The recovery process may take up to 72 hours.
1. Go to Settings > Profile > Security and click the vertical ellipses next to the authentication method you would like to disable.
2. Verify your identity by entering your password and click Continue.
3.Click Deactivate 2FA to confirm the deactivation.