Do you use HelloSign to send contracts to new hires? With this integration, you will be able to do so from within Recruitee with a simple click.
Important: In order to use this integration, your HelloSign account must have access to their API. Please contact HelloSign to check if your account is eligible.
Please follow the instructions under these sections first if this isn’t set up in your account yet:
Sending a signature request
1. Go to a candidate's profile, click More and select Send HelloSign.
2. Choose a template.
3. Prepare the document to be signed. The signer fields defined while creating the template will be auto-filled with the information of the recruiter currently logged-in and the information of the candidate profile that was selected previously.
If you added a CC role, fill in the email address. If you used special values for additional fields in your template, these will be auto-filled. Fill in any additional fields you may have added manually.
4. Click Send. A badge will appear in the candidate profile that a signature request is in progress and who it was sent by.
A summary of the signature request will also appear at the bottom of the candidate profile under HelloSign showing that the signature request is in progress for the signers and listing the cc role.
As soon as one of the signers signs the document, the status of their signature will be Signed.
Once all signers have signed the document, the badge in the candidate profile will change into a checkmark and say that the signature request is complete.
The summary under HelloSign in the bottom of the candidate profile will also reflect this.
If you want to view the signature request in HelloSign, click Open in HelloSign next to it.
Creating templates in HelloSign
In order to request signatures, templates need to be created in HelloSign. You can read more about templates in their help center.
1. In HelloSign, go to Templates and click Create a template or Use an existing template.
2. If you are creating a new template, upload a document you would like signed and set what roles need to sign it.
You can use the following placeholders to pre-fill names and emails in Recruitee.
You can also add someone in the cc and assign a signer order.
To assign a signer order, tick the checkbox and arrange the roles with the arrows on the left to your desired order. In the case above, the [recruiter] will receive and have to sign the document before the [candidate] receives the signature request.
Note: If the signer order is not assigned, all roles will receive the signature request at the same time.
3. Click Prepare doc for signing and the document will open.
4. Position signature fields by dragging and dropping them to the appropriate place in your document.
5. Assign the fields to the previously defined roles. This will determine who will fill in or sign which field.
6. Fields aside from signatures can also be assigned to the Sender. This field will be displayed in Recruitee before sending the signature request. You can identify these fields under Merge Field.
Note: The fields defined under Merge Field can have the following special values that will be auto-filled in Recruitee.
7. Once you’ve set up all fields, click Continue in the top-right.
8. Name your template, add a default message, and click Create Template.
Setting up the integration
1. Go to Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations and click Integrate now for HelloSign.
2. Read the information and confirm by clicking Accept and integrate.
3. Recruitee and HelloSign are now integrated.
Under Manage you can connect your account, see who in your Recruitee account has already connected their account, select who is able to view and send signature requests, and remove the integration and individual connections.
Connecting your account
In order to send signature requests to your new hires, your personal HelloSign account needs to be connected.
As an account administrator
1. If you are an administrator in the account, you can do so under Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations, if you click Manage next to HelloSign.
2. Click Connect your account.
3. You will be redirected to HelloSign. Log in and click Accept to allow access.
4. Your personal HelloSign account is now connected to your Recruitee account.
As a hiring role with the ability to send signature requests
If your hiring role is able to send signature requests as explained above under Setting up the integration, you will be able to connect your HelloSign account directly in the candidate profile when sending a signature request.
1. Open the candidate profile and select Send HelloSign at the bottom of the page.
2. You will be redirected to HelloSign. Log in and click Accept to allow access.
3. Your personal account will now be connected to HelloSign and you can send signature requests to candidates you have access to.
Account administrators will be able to see who in the account has connected their individual HelloSign accounts under Settings > Apps and plugins > Integrations, when clicking Manage next to HelloSign.
What data do Recruitee and HelloSign exchange?
- Recruitee shares the names and email addresses of all parties involved in the signature request with HelloSign
- HelloSign shares the status of each signature request (viewed, signed or declined) per signer with Recruitee
Note: Recruitee does not save any personal data from HelloSign.