Careers sites can be a great way of attracting talent and an easy vehicle to tell candidates a little more about your company, values, and mission. Watch this quick video to help you get started:
To get started, click the “Careers site” button on the top bar menu (right corner).
This will lead you to the careers site of your company. By default, we create a subdomain for you (e.g. yourcompany.recruitee.com). You can change this to your own domain in the later steps.
On the left side of the Careers site, you can click on “Career site editor” to open it.
There are four main modules in the “Careers site editor.”
1 - Color palette
Consult your brand identity guidelines to make sure you get the right colors. “Brand color” is for buttons and icons. You can also separately select other colors for the body text, headings, and subheadings.
2 - Style
There are seven fonts available that are compatible with all browsers and mobile-friendly. Choose the one that stays closest to your brand identity. If you want to use other fonts, you can submit a request to email@example.com.
3 - Content sections
This is the main section to showcase your employer brand. By default, we have six sections set up for you. There are two extra sections that you can add by clicking the plus icon at the bottom of the list. You can rearrange each section by dragging and dropping them. You can delete any of the content sections, except for “Header” and “Jobs.”
Hover over each section and click on the pencil icon to edit it. Illustrate your employer brand, company, team with text. With each you'll be able to select pre-made layouts if you switch from the content tab to the layout tab.
Here are our quick tips:
- Header: This will be a candidate’s first impression of your company. Be friendly and straightforward.
- Text / Picture: Use this to emphasize career opportunities for candidates, or to draw a better picture of your company.
- Team: Show the real people behind the brand if you can. Seeing future colleagues can help candidates position themselves better when applying.
- Jobs: Add call to action messages here. Since you already filled out job information when you were creating your first job opening, you don’t have to write anything else about the jobs here.
- Photo Gallery: Team and office photos are the best way to showcase your company culture. Give candidates a sneak peek into your office day-to-day or celebrations.
- Map location: Add your office location with Google Maps embedded into your Careers Site. This way candidates won’t have to google your address anymore.
- Perks & Benefits: Fill out the information you feel comfortable with at this stage. Straightforward details, or a certain range can help candidates decide better.
- Videos: Recruitee supports your employer branding videos! All you need to do is inserting the links of your videos in this section.
4 - More settings
Here you can access options such as styling your site with custom CSS and SEO.
If you'd like to style your careers site outside of the simplified careers site editor, you can select “Custom styling”.
SEO & Sharing
The careers site is built to have strong SEO. You can adjust the meta titles and meta descriptions of the main careers site and each job’s page so that Google can index them better and candidates can more easily find them.
For more on SEO practices for your jobs you can read on here.
You can also customize the images that are automatically generated when you share your open jobs on social channels. These images will be displayed whenever you share your careers site’s link or your jobs’ links on social media. Feel free to customize it to reflect your employer brand!
Terms & Privacy