Search engine optimization (SEO) is a method of inbound marketing that makes your page findable and trackable by Google, Bing and other search engines. Job descriptions that are clear, targeted and searchable attract the most relevant and qualified job seekers to apply to your open roles.
By having the right title and meta description for each one of your jobs, you will have search engines such as Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo index them properly. And your Jobs will have a higher chance staying on top of the search results of potential candidates.
You’ll find everything you need to optimize your job posts in your Careers Site editor.
On the left side of your Careers Site, click “Careers Site editor.”
Here you can edit each component to fit your employer brand. In "SEO & Sharing" you can add, and translate, your job title, meta description and shared image.
Here you can insert the meta titles and meta description for the whole Careers Site, as well as for each of one your published Jobs.
The title tag of each of your Jobs or your Careers Site. Read more: What is a title tag?
The meta description of each of your Jobs or your Careers Site. Read more: What is a meta description?
Important: By filling out the title tag and meta description for each of your Job and your Careers Site, you will have search engines (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and the likes) index them properly. As a result, your Jobs and Careers Site will have a higher chance of staying on top of the search results of potential candidates.
For example, here is the title tag and meta description of the Job "Sales Manager".
Changing the shared image
This is the image that will be displayed when your Careers Site, or one of your published Jobs, gets shared on social media.
Click "Upload" to upload the image you want to appear.
- If you set only one Shared image for the "Main page", that image will be displayed by default for all other Jobs when you share them individually. So you don't have to upload the same image to every Job if you just want to use one image for all Job sharing.
- The preferred image size is 1200 x 630px in JPG or PNG format. Every time you update a new one, it might take up to 24 hours for sites' cache to clear and show the new image.
Sometimes LinkedIn doesn't update your new Shared image. A solution is to:
- Copy the URL of your job;
- Head over to https://www.linkedin.com/post-inspector/inspect
- Paste the URL;
- Click "Inspect"
This will make sure LinkedIn refreshes their cache and makes sure the new Shared image will show.
- If other social media channels such as Facebook doesn't update your new Shared image, please wait 24 hours for the change to appear.
Check out our best practices on writing engaging, inclusive job descriptions that draw the most qualified and diverse talent pool.