With hiring roles you can establish which members of your team have access to which parts of your hiring process.
Unfamiliar with our new roles? Learn more about the changes and new permissions in this help article.
There are six default hiring roles already set up in your Recruitee account under Settings > Company > Hiring roles. You can create customized roles or edit these default roles to match the needs of your hiring process.
Administrators have access to all candidates, jobs, and settings, and can fully manage the company's account and members. Only users with this role can delete other administrators, have access to high-level data, and are able to view all items with restricted visibility. Note: This role cannot be edited.
Corporate recruiters have the same access to candidates and jobs data as Administrators, but cannot delete administrators, have access to high-level data, and are not able to view all items with restricted visibility
Hiring managers are involved in the hiring process from start to finish.
A Reviewer’s primary tasks are to view and evaluate candidates.
The Accounting role is best for accountants who control company subscriptions and manage invoices.
The Marketing/Design role is for users with limited access in order to edit the careers site.
Create new hiring roles
1. Go to Settings > Company > Hiring roles and select + New role.
2. Select whether you’d like to duplicate an existing role or create a new role from scratch.
3. Name the role, write a description for it, and click Create.
4. Go through the different categories and select the permissions the new role should have.
Note: Every hiring role that should have access to candidates must have access to Jobs > View jobs and Candidates > View candidates.
If you want to give someone access to only view individual candidates, you might want to use the Share candidates feature instead.
5. Click Save. Select Reassign existing team members or + Invite new team members to assign users to this role.
If you want to see a full list of all permissions of this role, click the three dots on the right and select View all permissions.
1. Go to Settings > Company > Hiring roles and select Compare roles.
2. Choose the roles you would like to compare and click Compare.
3. View and compare permissions for the selected roles. Click Update roles list in order to change the roles you are comparing.
Edit hiring roles
1. Go to Settings > Company > Hiring roles and select the role you would like to edit.
2. Change the permissions in the categories and click Save.
If you want to edit the name or description of the role, click the pencil icon next to its name.
Reorder hiring roles
1. Go to Settings > Company > Hiring roles
2. Drag and drop the roles into the desired order.
Delete hiring roles
1. Go to Settings > Company > Hiring roles and select the role you would like to delete.
2. Click the three dots at the right and select Delete.
3. If team members are still assigned to the role you are about to delete, choose a new role to reassign them to. Click Reassign and delete permanently to confirm the deletion.
Try this now in your Recruitee account!